Saturday 21 November 2009

choo for shoes





Last weekend was the launch of the Jimmy Choo for H&M collection. To be honest I thought maybe this time, there will be no chance in hell of getting my hands on ANY of the merchandise. Additionally, from what I have seen in magazine features on the collection, not one bit interested me the slightest. So, you must be wondering - is she mad then?! Well...... I'll let you decide. There is a story to this......

It all took place on a Saturday morning when I had already arranged to meet my lovely friend Yay for breakfast. An early one - 9.a.m. At 8.30a.m. I get a call...

Yay: Hon, where are you? I am queuing.
Me: Queuing?? Why and wher...?
Yay: It's the JIMMY CHOO collection at H&M! Don't you realise?
Me: Uh.... yeah I guess, and your point is?
Yay: Get down here RIGH NOW and join me.
Me: Ok, am just a few stops away, be there soon.

I get there and the queue looks short to me. Deceiving. So I call

Yay: Hullo.... where are you?
Me: Am standing in front of H&M. Where are you?
Yay: Where? Can't see you.... am right at back
Me: (Losing my patience) Uh kay, coming...
The line stretches to the corner of the last building further down from the actual H&M and I find Yay right at the back edge - smiling widely, I thought her lips might fall off!

So we queue for about 20 minutes and were even given a free umbrella by the staff - in case it rained (much to the envy of those standing around us) before we entered the gates of hell, uh..... I mean HEAVEN. As disclaimers go, you were not able to get to the shoes unless you have a wristband (i.e you must've been a sado and got up like at 6a.m. to get this wristlet, a bit like a numbered jail bird for you to be able to purchase the Choos, uh I meant shoes) all other lesser demode mortals, can only get their hands on a pair AFTER 12p.m.

I calmly approached the rails in the midst of a chaotic crowd and desperate shoppers, wondering what the 'eck was so good about all this.... and wait for it....... drrrrum rrrollll.....I saw a sequin zip jacket - I FELL IN LOVE immediately and thankfully got one in my size!! Looking around at the rest didn't fill me with the same buzz of excitement. So I proceeded to look for Yay. She appeared with a handful of dresses and bracelets etc. We paid and went to breakfast as planned.

While munching on some toast, Yay suggested (still a rush of excitement in her voice - eager beaver stylie) that we go back for more after 12p.m. to get more out of this experience and more Choos to add to existing fam! Reluctantly, I agreed, afraid of depriving her of Choos. So like the rest of the herd, we went and queued against the blue barriers where upon entering, you were issued a 10 minute window to get as many pairs of shoes as possible as well as bags and accessories. Scarf for £30??!! OMG!!

Like the total spiritual calling of the sequin jacket, I fell for this time, much to my concern as well, a pair of shoes.

Yay: Honey, the shoes look like that of some rapper from the ghetto. Trying to hard.... ugly man. Not sure if I'll stand next to you if you wore them out. Eeeewww!!!
Me: Really? I I think I like it. I'll hang on to it. Maybe once we get out, and I get to put my foot in it without being trampled by a herd of cows, may help my decision (and sanity)
Yay: Ok, anyway, let's not waste time talking, too much to gather!
Me: Uh.....

We exit after the last 10 second countdown. Super hilarious this part as the ladies acted like Supermarket Sweep, grabbing anything in sight before they were shooed away.

I tried on my sole pair of Choos in a quiet corner while Yay tried on 6 pairs. I was in love.... much to Yay's disappointment. She did remind me again that the shoes looked like some cheapo rapper dodgy 'check me out I'm ghetto' shoes, and as a friend who respects most of your fashion decisions, am very disappointed with this choice kinda lecture.

Anywho, I still like the 3 items I purchased that day as can be seen here. The 3rd being the sequin jacket - saving this for a special post.

(L/S T-shirt & tights from H&M, Necklace and shoes Jimmy Choo for H&M, Top worn as tunic dress from Whistles, scarf from Zara)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter