Friday 23 April 2010

all i wanted was a headpiece with huge plumes of feathers


When I was putting this look together, all I could think was to don a dramatic Red Indian head piece. Don't ask me why, just how my mind works I guess. I suppose the other thing that probably crosses your mind is that I am possibly obsessed with stripes, non? Well, yes, but, this dress just happen to be a distraction. A basic distraction. I was trying to channel this 'hippie princess' look. Tsssk! Whatevs or ridic as some of you might say. Yes, I laugh too! It's fun to be playful, non? I also decided to pose by one of my favourite art pieces, which happens to be a series of prints which consists of butterfly wings. So intricate, delicate, so beautiful. The artist is Donna Ong who is based in Singapore. The last time I saw her exhibit it was titled Palace of Dreams (2004), a work involving intricate drawings of insects and a mahogany desk transformed into a plane, referencing fairy tales and childhood dreams. Flights of fantasy indeed.

I promised myself as a child
never to forget what it felt like to be a child
to dream and invest in the imaginary
The fantastic, the impossible

(Dress & lace top from New Look , Sandals from Zara, Necklace from Topshop, thrifted headpiece)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter