Wednesday 16 December 2009

race day in sha tin


My big race win page - Horse No.13!


This year marks the 125th year of racing in Hong Kong - Race Day: Sunday 13th December. The turnout was huge and the opening ceremony, very grand. There were gymnasts, a performance by famous acrobat Cai Yong (who performed for Barack Obama not too long ago) among the line-up.

The races did not start till lunch time but thought it a good idea to take in the scenery and some shots when all's calm. My hosts and I were given a table in the Champions Circle on the top floor overlooking the race course. The weather was a stunning 22 degrees. As a punter, of course I did bet. My luck turned BIG during race 4 when I bet on horse No.13, Daryakana who is one of the Aga Khan's horses. It was a long race and the horse was trailing behind for the most part but came good in the end. It was nail biting!


What a brilliant end to the trip and at the end of the fifth race, I bid good-bye to my hosts and the friends I had made during my stay. I was chauffeured to the airport courtesy of HKJC reminiscing on the last few days. Shame to be leaving warmer climes but also missing home and the excitement in the lead up to Christmas!

(Top from All Saints, Leggings from Miss Selfridge, Ring and Cameo cuff from Marc Jacobs, Shoes from Zara)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter