Monday 14 December 2009

postcards from hong kong


Hello readers, as you may well have noticed, I have been M.I.A for a while. All for good reason really. Well, seeing that in the last month or so, all my other blogger friends have been on some super cool trips like to a ball, or to meet some famous person etc, I thought - ' Why not moi?'. So, to my surprise, I too got an invite to attend the International Horse Auction and Racing event in Hong Kong (the last and very important event in the 'horsing' calendar year). Yes, I know, it has nothing to do with fashion.. but all the same, I thought it would still make very interesting reading fodder. For starters, I love this city. This is only my second visit and I have been so excited in the lead up to it! So here, in my first posting since I arrived back, I would like to share with you some snap shots from my travels and the places I visited - kinda like a collection of postcards.. with love.

More things to do with horses yet to come..... Have a good day y'all!

PS: That all sounds fine and chirpy and all. But what you didn't know is, I caught the flu about a week before I was due to leave. I was totally bunged up and not feeling or looking so glamorous (like a very bad version of Rudolph). Then when I actually touched down in Hong Kong, all was fine... maybe because of the lure of shopping, good food and warm weather... maybe. So anyway, the trip was unscathed by any flu symptoms. But now that I am back home, I am writing to you with 2 blankets piled over me and a bunch of Kleenex tissues scattered all over - bad version of Rudolph all over again. I blame it on shop-a-lot-a dosis (although am not sure who suffers from shopping overkill), food comatose and lack-o-sunshine-itis.

(T-shirt & flats from Top Shop, Boyfriend jeans from Whistles, Necklace by FE, cuff from Marc Jacobs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter